General Recipe Tips. Then, enjoy this recipe!
- 1 box Marion's Cookie and Muffin Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of vegetable oil
- 1 Extra Large or Jumbo Egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup of coconut flakes
For extra healthy alternative, use reduced fat and sugar shredded coconut.
- 1 ½ tablespoons of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking pan with paper cups or spray with GF baking spray.
- Place Marion’s Smart Delight mix in a bowl; add baking powder and mix with whisk.
- Add egg and vegetable oil.
- Mix (with electric mixer) for 10 seconds at low speed and 1-2 minutes at high speed.
- Add applesauce, mix well. Add coconut flakes and mix evenly.
- Using a spoon or medium size ice cream scoop, fill baking cups about ¾ full.
- Mix makes 12 medium or 10 extra large muffins. Bake for approximately 25 - 30 minutes depending on your oven. Check with toothpick after 25 minutes. When the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are done.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in baking pan before placing on the cooling rack.
-Once completely cool, you can drizzle with chocolate or another topping.